Toshio Nishizawa, President, Tokyo Electric Power Company
Banri Kaieda, Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry
2 August 2011
Participants of NNAF 2011
We, the more than 40 representatives of 20 organizations from Asian countries (Taiwan, South Korea, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, China and India) and the Japanese participants of this meeting, make the following requests of you, who are responsible for the occurrence of the Fukushima nuclear accident, which is on the same level as the Chernobyl nuclear accident.
- Please apologize to the people of the countries of Asia for the radioactive pollution of the ocean waters and the atmosphere.
- Please bring the accident to a speedy resolution so that no further radioactivity will be released into the environment
- Please release all information concerning the accident and give a clear explanation of the truth of the accident.
- We, the NNAF 2011, have listened directly to the voices of the people of Fukushima Prefecture. Please evacuate all children and pregnant women from the areas polluted by radioactivity. Please take full responsibility for respecting the rights of and providing financial assistance for all people who wish to voluntarily evacuate from polluted areas outside the officially designated evacuation zones. Please take responsibility for the radioactive exposure of the people of Fukushima and the workers at the Fukushima Daiichi accident site, and also pay compensation for regular health checkups and for treatment when illness occurs. Please also pay full compensation to people facing problems in their daily lives and for damage to agricultural and fishery production.
- In order not to repeat this enormous mistake, please decommission all nuclear reactors and totally withdraw from nuclear power.
- It is not acceptable that Japan, where the Fukushima nuclear accident has occurred, should export nuclear power to other countries. Please dismantle the "International Nuclear Development" company that Japan established last year. Please state definitively that Japan will not be involved in any way in exports of nuclear power to any other country.
Asian Nukes Campaign